Asia in Focus is an entirely free open access publication devoted to research on modern Asian societies from the standpoint of the humanities and the social sciences. The journal distinguishes itself from others in the field by publishing brand new and innovative research being produced by Masters and PhD students. There is a double-blind review process, hence the identity of the reviewers and authors are not disclosed to either party. We publish two issues per year and have a short turnaround time for the entire review and publishing process (6 months).
Asia in Focus provides reviewers with a unique opportunity to support early career researchers in getting a good start to their working life within academia. We pride ourselves on giving detailed, constructive and critical feedback and aim to set students up for success, whether their submission ends up being published or not.
The Editorial Committee is made up of an international team of reviewers and administrators based in the Nordic region in the Editorial Committee, and our external expert review team is global. We are presently seeking new members to join the Editorial Committee.
Read more about working with us here.
As a member of the Editorial Commitee, you will keep abreast with the most recent work being done in your own field of enquiry, and also play a significant role in shaping the work being done in related fields. You will also contribute to the development of the journal itself. Members of the Editorial Committee must:
- Be affiliated to a Nordic institute of higher education
- Be usually resident in the Nordic region
- Have completed a doctoral degree
Once you join the team:
- You will be identified as a member of the Editorial Committee on all Asia in Focus platforms
- You will receive a Reviewer Guide and a Reviewer Feedback Form
- You will be expected to attend two editorial meetings per issue either via Skype or face-to-face
- You will be expected to review between 1 and 3 papers per issue
Email your application to Nicol Foulkes Savinetti, firstname.lastname@example.org
Include your full CV and a short cover note detailing:
- A brief biography
- Your interest in the position you are applying for
- A description of your research interests (country/regional focus; theoretical and methodological interests and expertise)
We look forward to receiving your application by 31 October 2017.